Information for parents
Good Mental Health
Following our staff training and parent information sessions, we have put together a collection of pages of information to support you and your child with keeping healthy at home.
What supports good mental health?
- Good physical health
- Balanced diet
- Regular exercise
- Take part in activities
- Feeling loved, trusted, understood, valued and safe
- Having opportunities to enjoy themselves
- Being hopeful and optimistic
- Opportunities to learn/succeed
- Accepting who they are and recognizing what they are good at
- Feeling they have some control over their life
- Having the strength to cope when something is wrong (resilience) and ability to solve problems
Support for families