At Crowan Primary School we believe that language underpins the whole school curriculum. Effective writing comes from access to a wide and enriched language curriculum encompassing reading, writing and speaking and listening.
- Nurture the children’s sense of themselves as writers
- Create an ethos of achievement in writing
- Encourage children to become enthusiastic, confident and reflective writers
- Enable children to independently produce high quality writing across all curriculum areas
• To create a rich and stimulating environment to encourage and support independent writing.
• To provide positive responses and effective support for children when writing.
• To give opportunities for children to reflect on their own writing and the writing of others including popular authors and writing from a range of cultures.
• To increase children’s ability to communicate effectively as writers.
• To enable children to express themselves in a variety of styles for a range of purposes and audiences.
• To develop children’s ability to plan, draft, organise and structure their own writing in a variety of ways.
• To provide opportunities for children to use and adapt their choice of vocabulary, grammar and style to suit the intended purpose and audience.
• To increase children’s knowledge of the conventions of written language and control of physical processes of writing.
• To use information technology to extend awareness of the printed word; including use of a word-processor to produce copies of work drafted on the computer.